Thursday, February 3, 2011

No, wait, this explains it

My minor surgery? Not so minor. Turns out I have Stage IV endometriosis. The crippling back pain? That's the end result of interior body parts sticking to each other and then to my pelvic wall. Surgery was a week ago and my back has not felt this good in years. I can think without that constant hum of discomfort.

The bad news is that now I need to make a decision fairly soon about what treatments to have next but, hey, have I mentioned my back and how awesome it feels?

The best part of my treatment plan so far was looking up my new medication and finding this,
"...used to treat chronic adrenal disease in ferrets."

Now that is reassuring.

9 comments:

Lunch Buckets said...

I'm frantically googling "Adrenal disease in ferrets".

Lunch Buckets said...

Okay, I'm back.

1. Who knew there would be so many references to "adrenal disease in ferrets"?

2. Who knew anyone -cared- about "adrenal disease in ferrets"?

That is all.

Fresh Hell, Texas said...

LB, Thank you! How in the world does one even find out their ferret has adrenal disease? There is so much I don't know...

Cindy said...

I frequently see you comment on cjane and just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your thoughtful comments. I like the diversity you bring to the discussions.
-From one of cjane's more liberal Mormon readers.

Fresh Hell, Texas said...

Cindy, What a kind and lovely thing to say. Thank you!

Jennifer said...

I see Cindy beat me to it-I also wanted to tell you that your comments on cjane are awesome and on target. I thought your comment on the Africa trip was spot on. I hope you keep commenting as I think you are adding a useful perspective to her other readers.

And so sorry to read that you had to have surgery, but hope it does the trick!

Anonymous said...

Had to come over after reading the cjane comment- thanks for that. even if some call those kinds of comments snarky, we need brave statements to consider them and challenge us....from another liberal minded mormon (:

Anonymous said...

I agree - your comments on cjane's blog are wonderful. You are very fair and measured in your responses. I find this especially impressive because her blog often reads like the diary of a privileged, white woman living 100 years ago.

Fresh Hell, Texas said...

Thank you, Jennifer and Anonx2!

I think we are all of our own time and place. The best we can do is approach the world with an open heart. C.Jane's heart is wide open and I truly admire that. I've learned a lot from her and find myself living with a heart cracked open just a bit wider.