Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Running of the Parents

Tomorrow we embark on a first; Family and Friends Weekend at New Nest University. Both Mister and Junior vetoed this trip but I have one child and we're doing this, damn it!

We'll fly a total of five hours to reach the city NNU is in and check into our heartstoppingly expensive "economy" hotel room for the night. Friday morning marks the official beginning of FFW events or as I've come to think of it, The Running of the Parents. From the Dean's Breakfast to the spotlight lectures to the cruise around the harbor (we're skipping that), NNU is doing it's best to make sure that we parent's stay busy. The better to not notice our children counting down until Sunday night I suppose.

Truly, Bird has been very gracious about us coming up to invade his newfound privacy and freedom. Sure, I had to lay down the law (we're coming) and clarify expectations (pick a minimum of one activity a day to do with your parents and a swell attitude) but now I think he's looking forward to our visit (let me believe!)

No comments: